Camera comebacks

I have an old Nikon D3100 with a 35mm f/1.8G lens. I like the fixed lens. Uncomplicated. The old Nikons were simple enough to use on manual without being an enthusiast. It is a great setup.

 

I carried the camera around Melbourne and took some nice shots. I used it a bit when we arrived in Kuala Lumpur. I posted my better images on Photoblog. I even received a monthly award for a photo of Shell at a Burgundy night.

 

Photoblog went bust and took all the images with them. Six years' worth of photography is gone. I didn't back the photos up anywhere. When the blog went bust, the images were lost forever.

 

The camera sat in the cupboard for a few years.

 

When the ride came along, Shell decided to get a camera. She did her research, and I didn't have much input. The camera I loved had less power than an iPhone and I was not up to date with the latest information. She went with a Sony a6600 and an 18 – 105mm f/4 lens.

 

I had a play around with it when we got it. It felt heavy, and I was not a fan of the zoom lens. I flicked it to manual and couldn't work it out at all. Put it back on auto and didn't think about it again. Some of the best images from our Europe trip were taken by Shell on the Sony.

 

Our things arrived in Cambodia from Malaysia. With it came my old D3100 which I thought we decided to throw out. Shell mentioned how good some of my work was. I thought about it and decided to charge the battery and maybe take some shots of Cambodia. I don't have an artistic outlet beyond photography; I probably need one.

 

The 'ok' button on the D3100 is not working. I can't change the ISO, so I cannot use it. I am searching the web for a Nikon repair store. I plan to get a camera worth $50 repaired. A raised eyebrow from Shell, and I realise I need to give the Sony a better try.

 

I picked it up. I took some time to work with it. It is complex, but the basics are there.

 

So, this is what will be here. Images from the Sony as I resurrect my photography.

 

Another blog. Walking the vines. Walking the parks. Cycle me away. They all have a story to tell.

 

This will be the Cambodian story.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genius of addiction

Balcony